Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Schedule Overload

SOh hello there. What is this thing? A blog you say? And you're supposed to update it frequently so that people know what's going on in your life? Wow. What a concept. Well, life has once again kicked into "very busy mode" and obviously, blogging has taken a back seat. But don't you worry, the two blog readers who are still out there, now that I have school work to procrastinate from my blogging should definitely pick up!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's a rundown of our schedule:
On Mondays, I don't take a lunch so I can leave work at 3:50, only to head straight to the hospital to spend an hour volunteering as a student chaplain. Afterwords I head to the gym, get home by 6:30, and wait for Cody to get home around 9:30, as he has a night class on Tuesdays.

On Tuesdays, I repeat the process and spend another hour at the hospital for my "lunch break." Then head to the gym. At least this time Cody and I both get home around 6:30 and spend the evening watching The Biggest Loser and then do homework. Priorities people.

On Wednesday, I have class from 8:30 -10:30 in the morning and stay till 6 at night to call students and make up for that extra hour I miss for class. We head straight to Chick Fil A for dinner and then on to church.

On Thursdays, I once again, do not take a lunch and instead go to class from 2:45-5:30. Are you noticing a trend here? After class I go back to work to call students until 6:45, then head to the gym, then home to wait for Cody, who has been in class all day, to get home from worship practice, which on a lucky night is 9:45.

Fridays are the only day I do actually get to take a lunch. People, I can guarantee that you do not appreciate your lunch break enough until you lose it. Well, technically I still get a lunch break, but I go sit in a class room for my lunch. Not nearly as fun as getting to leave campus for an hour of freedom. Not getting lunches has seriously cramped my after Diet Dr. Pepper to keep me awake. I'm going to have to buy some to keep at the office.

So that's a run down of our week. Can you understand why I am already ready for the next 15 weeks to be over?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We got our first clue the other night about where we're going on our beach vacay. While we now know the date we're leaving (May 30th!!), we have to wait for our next green envelope to get another clue about where we're going. While I'm dying to know, it sure would be funny if we didn't know until we got to the airport!!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Major Beach Diet is going well. So far I've lost 6 lbs total. And we won't even discuss what Cody's lost. He isn't even trying to lose weight and he's lost like 5 lbs. Grr!!! So I'm trying to feed him lots of ice cream. You know, to keep him at his normal weight.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have y'all been keeping up with Harper's story? It amazes me how her story has spread over the net. I cannot even imagine how many people have been praying for her. So incredible what the Lord can do! I've debated starting a prayer blog that people could post prayer requests for. I mean the way people are praying for Harper shows that they're willing to pray for other bloggers. And how amazing would it be to know at least 900 other people are praying for your request, no matter how big or small it is?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cody has turned in another job application. I don't really want to write a lot about it. If you stop by and read this, please say a prayer for us. This is a job that seems to be the reason he hasn't gotten any other jobs. We really just want to keep our heads on straight and not get to wrapped up in it and set ourselves up for disappointment. It's hard because we have absolutly no idea when they could be calling for interviews. The job will have been listed online for 1 week tomorrow, which in some cases is not long at all, but this job usually fills up quickly... so we're just at a holding place where we're waiting and hoping that Cody gets an interview, yet not knowing when in the heck that interview call could come. So just pray that we will be patient, not anxious, and trust in the Lord's plan, even if this isn't the job we've been waiting for.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's about all that's going on right now. I've procrastinated long enough that I need to go read for class tomorrow. I'm not making any promises, but I will try extra hard to blog again asap!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lord, I'm exhausted just reading all that! I really do admire all the structure y'all have placed in the midst of this busyness. That's not always easy to do but I know that you'll benefit from it as individuals and as husband and wife.

    Still praying for that job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and Cody! Hang in there...God will open a door and life will become wonderful soon :) YAY for vacation time being approved :) You rock the schedule girl!!!
    ~Elyse~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I love hearing from readers!