Sunday, January 23, 2011

Resolution #1

One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to try out at least 2 new recipes a month {edited. definitely didn't mean 2 a year!} I've already tried a few new to me recipes (turkey chili and my first time at making homemade mashed potatoes!) This one was emailed to me over this last week and I decided to try it out. It is definitely a winner! If you like Little Caesar's Crazy Bread, you need to try out this recipe!

Two-Cheese Straws

2 1/2 C. Bisquick
2/3 C Milk
1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 TBS Butter
2 TBS Grated Parmesan Cheese (I just used the can, not fresh)

Mix Bisquick, cheese and milk until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half. Roll 1 half into a 9 x 6 in rectangle. Spread with butter and sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Cut dough lengthwise into 18 1/2 in. strips. Repeat with remaining dough. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes at 400 and serve with pasta sauce. {I added about a TBS of garlic powder with the Bisquick for an extra kick. These probably need more butter and cheese on the top when they come out of the oven, but we're dieting around here so I left that step out}




2 comments:

  1. I am going to make that this week! Looks delicious! I really like cheesy bread. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It was pretty stinkin' delicious! You should have never shared this with me... I have a very unhealthy relationship with bread and cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I love hearing from readers!